Don't lose control of the game
Sports betting is a game where knowledge is what matters most.
With a little risk and careful analysis of sports matches, the form of individual players,
the circumstances in which a specific match will be played, as well as many other factors,
you can win really big money.
However, the risks associated with the excitement inherent in sports betting mean that
money can also be lost. Everyone who bets knows it.
As long as your betting expenses are kept under control and viewed as entertainment rather
than a potential source of income, all is well.
The problem may begin to emerge when, after a few losing bets, the player's sole goal is to play back the lost money.
STS promotes responsible gaming
We want the plants to be fun and not become a source of problems.
If you are concerned that you may be in trouble, answer the following questions.
If the answer is yes to more than seven of them, contact the professionals who deal with addiction issues.
- Have you ever lost time from work or school because of gambling?
- Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
- Has gambling affected your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after playing?
- Have you ever gambled to get money to pay off debts or to solve financial difficulties?
- Has your gambling diminished your ambition or effectiveness?
- After losing, did you feel you had to come back as soon as possible to win back your losses?
- After winning, did you have a strong urge to come back and win more?
- Have you gambled frequently until your last dollar has been lost?
- Have you ever taken out loans to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
- Were you reluctant to use 'gambling money' for normal expenses?
- Has gambling caused you to lose care for your own or your family's well-being?
- Have you ever gambled longer than planned?
- Have you ever gambled to escape worry and troubles?
- Have you ever committed or considered committing an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Has gambling made you have trouble sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments, or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?
- Have you ever had the desire to celebrate some happy event by gambling for several hours?
- Have you ever considered self-destruction or suicide as a result of your gambling?
Where to find information about addiction gambling?
Examples of institutions that provide help to people with gambling problems:
Do you have a question?